What kinds of total joint replacement does AVORS medical group offer?
We offer the following total joint replacement procedures.
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement: This type of joint replacement uses smaller incisions and requires less recovery time.
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement: Anterior refers to the front of the hip. During this procedure, the front of the hip may be removed and replaced with an implant to alleviate pain and increase mobility.
- Hip Replacement: A hip replacement is when damaged areas of the hip are removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Damaged areas could include bone, cartilage and soft tissue.
- Knee Replacement: This procedure is also known as knee arthroplasty. During a knee replacement procedure, the knee is resurfaced. Metal and plastic implants are often used during this procedure to cap the ends of bones.
- Partial Knee Replacement: During this procedure, only the damaged area of the knee is replaced. This could include the inside (medial) or outside (lateral) area of the knee.
- Shoulder Total and Reverse Replacement: This procedure is reserved only for those with severely damaged joints. During this procedure, damaged areas of the shoulder are replaced. This procedure can ease pain and increase mobility in patients with severe shoulder damage.
What are the benefits of total joint replacement?
Most people decide to undergo joint replacement due to chronic pain. The source of their pain may vary and could be anything from sports injury to osteoporosis. Our professionals will assess your pain to help determine whether or not total joint replacement is the right solution for you.
Hip, ankle, knee and shoulder are the most common areas for joint replacement. This is a common procedure and our specialists are experienced and knowledgeable. When you choose AVORS, you choose expert pain management care.
Is total joint replacement right for me?
We understand the anxiety surrounding total joint replacement surgery. Although this may seem like a large procedure, we are confident of the results it can bring patients. This procedure can significantly improve the quality of life for patients. Joint replacement surgery increases mobility and alleviates joint pain, which means patients can live life without the strain of aching joints.
If you are experiencing any of the following, total joint replacement may be a solution.
- Pain in joints that disrupts sleep or makes it difficult to fall asleep
- Persistent joint pain
- Joint pain that interferes with your daily life and keeps you from participating in activities
If you are experiencing any of the problems listed above, our orthopedic specialists may be able to help. We are here to provide quality care for patients. Our experts are extensively trained and experienced in orthopedic surgery.
If you are in pain and considering joint replacement surgery, AVORS has the best team to provide prompt assistance. Call us today to schedule a consultation.